Monday, April 27, 2009

Lincoln City Getaway!

For Mark's 30th Birthday, I had big plans to surprise him with a night away to the coast. I arranged a babysitter and booked the hotel. It was all "hush, hush" and I was so excited to see the look on Mark's face when he found out. Well, about a week before Mark's birthday, he was scouring every line of our American Express account when he came across the hotel charge in Lincoln City. When he asked me if I thought it was fraud, I had to tell him what I was up to. I was so disappointed that the secret was out. It actually was better that he knew. We had to push it back a few weeks since his birthday landed right on Easter weekend and the weekend I threw my friend her 40th birthday party. We wanted to go when we had nothing to hurry home for.

We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Head, a hotel right on the Oregon coast in Lincoln City. We had a beautiful ocean view from our room and I loved falling asleep listening to the sound of the waves crashing up on shore. The best part was dinner at the Tidal Raves Restaurant in Depoe Bay which came very highly recommended by everyone. We had a table overlooking an ocean cove and were able to watch the sunset as we ate (sappy romantic...I know). The food was absolutely incredible. We had crab cakes, clam chowder, grilled shrimp and fish and a big cookie a la mode for dessert. You would have thought we were starving by the way ate. It tasted so good! It was the first hot meal I've actually been able to sit down to in a restaurant (let alone at home) and enjoy without having to wrestle three kids.

We swam in the heated outdoor pool, sat in the hot tub and shopped the outlets the next day. It was so much fun just to be with Mark. We missed our kids but enjoyed the simplicity of it all.


View from our hotel room!

The happy couple

Frankenstein Sand Art

View from Tidal Raves Restaurant at Sunset

The Beautiful Oregon Coast

15 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Lincoln city is one of the best places to visit. My favorite hike is Cascade Head trail just north of the city off of Three Rocks Road. It's what made me fall in love with Oregon. I'm so jealous you got to spend some one on one time together with your hubby there! How fun, and romantic!

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

How fun for your guys! I'm so jealous. I have to tell you I was just on google maps the other day to see how close you are to Spokane (our next assignment). We were hoping it was closer, but it's still 8 hours to you. We'll have to plan a trip sometime to meet up in the middle for a weekend somewhere or something.

Joni said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

And the scenery looks nice too! ;)

So glad you had fun. It sounds heavenly.

Malinovka said...

How wonderful!! What a perfect birthday present for Mark, and you! It sounds like it was amazing. Maybe we'll get out there when we're in Washington this summer! We really want to see the coast when we're out west. And we want to see YOU! We'll have to call you once we're settled and set up a playdate! :)

emilyy said...

My hubbie always ruins my b-day surprises for him by looking at the cc statement. But it still looks like you had a fun get-a-way.

The Tureks said...

Wow, so beautiful there! I'm glad you guys had a nice time. You totally deserve it.

Laura said...

so fun!

Erin Davis said...

What a beautiful place! How romantic!

Jamie said...

I love Lincoln City, and whenever we are there we eat at Tidal Raves. My memories of it do include fighting kids in the tiny restaurant. We need to come visit sometime. Rog was in Eugene last week, but just for a day. I'm glad you got away for a night. Any good buys at the outlet?

emandtrev said...

How fun! The pictures are awesome. It sounds like it was the perfect getaway!

AMY MICHELLE said...

You guys are so good to each other! What a nice getaway and such a beautiful place.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Lindsey you never told me your hotel was in paradise! Your pics were beautiful! I love that picture of the two of you! What a perfect couple! You guys deserved such an awesome couple of days! You have done so much for everyone and so has Mark that it was a well needed vaca! Love you love birds! XOXOXOX!

Ariel said...

How fun. I'm sure you deserved the break. It is so beautiful.
Did I tell you we may be Oregon in June? If so, we'll have to come visit!

Haueter Photography said...

What a nice getaway! I'm glad you were able to do that. I love the pictures of your kids in their easter clothes. Way cute!

Katrina said...

What a fun birthday - and I thought a fish cake was thoughtful! I guess I have a lot to learn!! I'm glad you two were able to enjoy a weekend away. I could use a little romance and relaxation...