Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter


We hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We wish we could have been with our families in Utah but had fun watching Macy, Nicholas and Karlee running around the house finding eggs the Easter Bunny had hidden. Macy kept asking for a Barbie and a "Prince." She thinks Easter is like Christmas. I tried to keep it toned down this year because I don't think Easter should be about the presents. She was very excited to find that she had gotten what she was hoping for. I'm having some regrets thinking maybe we shouldn't have started with Barbies so early. What's next...make-up?


Both Nicholas and Karlee loved opening the eggs and finding jelly-beans inside (which they shoved immediately in to their mouths). I emptied all the eggs very quickly. Nicholas also ate half of a hollow chocolate bunny, tinfoil and all, before we caught him. Little rascal! I can't wait to get rid of all this candy since I am one mostly eating it. But, I must admit that Easter candy is definitely the best!

Nicholas carried around his Easter Basket all morning! I just love this picture. The basket is almost as big as him!

11 comments:

Lori said...

So cute! We miss you guys, tell Mark happy late B-Day from us!

Whitney B. Balls said...

I cannot believe how fast all your kids are growing up. I love Easter pictures and I love the candy as well!

Malinovka said...

What adorable matching Easter outfits! Macy is such a model--how will she let you do her hair? Mierae will hardly let me comb hers!! I loved that shot of Nicholas with his Easter basket. Glad you had a fun holiday!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

DARLING! Words can't express how freaking cute your kids are! ADORABLE! I want that dress that your girls are wearing! I also loved watching that video! Nick is so funny! I loved how he didn't care there was nothing on the other end for him to eat! Got to love those boys! How fun to have twins linds. I know it feels like a curse most of the time, but just to see the differences between them is so fun for me to watch! You are the greatest mom and glad you survived this weekend!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

PS... let the barbies begin! They are my favorite! I'm going to get some for luke soon! JK! I am just going to get them for me! LOVE THEM! What sweet memories! PS. I had to get Macy another wand because Luke won't let tinker bell/lipstick go!

Darin and Joanna said...

What a cute little family you guys have! It looks like you had a fun easter! Darin and I will be coming to Portland next month....is that very close to you guys? (I've never been to Oregon before, so I don't really know where things are!) It would be fun to see you!

emandtrev said...

Oh my GOODNESS. That picture of your cute kids in their matching attire is SO precious! I'm glad you guys had a great one!

Julie said...

Green is a wonderful color for the Swensen kids! Where are you and Mark? Thanks for the posts... I miss you! I agree with Lez- Barbies are wonderful. Denise and I shared many wonderful hours with our 90+ dolls. When you get back to Utah we can go and play all together in the Barbie room at my mom's!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Spencer and I have been very entertained by your little videos. It is so funny to see the difference between boys and girls and how your kids are changing. It is also fun to see Macy talk. I am grateful for blogs, though we can't all live by each other we can feel some what connected. We miss you guys.

Ben and Michelle said...

How fun!!! Your kids are so cute.

Kathy said...

I love the kids outfits - so cute! I bought Sebastian the same one for Easter - love the green vest, matching shirt and tie!! Children's Place is one of my favorite stores now!