Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grand Oaks Easter Egg Hunt


This morning, the neighborhood that we live in hosted their annual Easter Egg Hunt. We were there 15 minutes early because we heard they started at 9am sharp. I stopped to say "Hi" to a friend and then turned around to find Macy out gathering eggs as fast as she could. She was so embarrassed when she realized she wasn't suppose to have started yet. We just let her keep her eggs! Whoops!

They had the playground divided up by age groups so the younger kids didn't get trampled on by the older kids. Nicholas and Karlee were doing their best just to get around in the dirt (let alone carry an Easter basket and pick up eggs). It was still a lot of fun and a gorgeous Spring day in Corvallis! Finally, some sunshine!!! Afterwards, we headed over to a neighbors house for an Easter brunch!

The playing field.

Macy and Karlee comparing baskets!

Macy with her basket filled to the brim!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow! The twins are SO big..and cute! Al was particularly shocked that they were walking (until I reminded him how old they are)! What a fun day!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I am sooo jealous! I can't believe your neighborhood does something so fun! My heart broke for Macy! She is a sweetheart and I miss her so flippen much! The twins are getting so big lindsey! The time is going so fast..........for me atleast! I love you and was laughing so hard at Nick and that binki! I love when they can put it in their own mouths! They have such fun personalities! Thanks again for sending me all your clothes. LIFE SAVER! I feel a little closer to nick! Love ya! GET A CELL PHONE! I'm dying over here!

Lindsey Smith said...

what a fun neighborhood. you have such a cute little family. once my twins come i'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you. i can't believe how big your twins were, i feel like I am so lucky because of how big mine are now.there is no way that i will make it as far as you did but I would be happy if they would just wait one more week. thanks for the comment:)

The Tureks said...

Oh my goodness! I couldn't believe all of your recent pictures and happenings. Everyone is growing up so fast and getting cuter which didn't seem possible. Love you guys and glad to see that you are all doing so well.