Friday, July 22, 2011

Penny Carnival



We have missed it every year, but today, my friend reminded me of the Penny Carnival at Central Park. We scrounged around our house and gathered all the pennies we could find and went downtown. It was a cute little carnival organized by the Parks & Rec. Each game or station cost 5 pennies or 1 ticket and you won a prize every time no mater what. The kids had a blast! We fished in the fish pond, played musical cupcakes, dropped pennies into mason jars, played Blinko, kicked soccer goals and painted faces. I think we're going to designate a penny jar and start collecting for next year! This was very, very fun!








3 comments:

KT said...

Hey Swensens, I have miss placed your address and want to send you a baby announcement. send it to my email- kayteechurch@gmail.com

Chelsea said...

Hey this is J.R. Haynie. Any chance you guys are in Utah this week? Send me a text and let me know. 614-460-1181

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

That's it, we're moving out to Oregon! The penny carnival? That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard of! Looks so fun Lindz! Wish we were there going to do all these fun things with your cute fam! Miss you!