Friday, July 22, 2011

Raspberry Picking!



We headed out early this morning to go strawberry picking at Twedts with some friends and found them plowing up the strawberry fields to our dismay. But we weren't completely out of luck because the raspberries were ready for the pickin'!!! They were gorgeous and so sweet! Raspberries have got to be my favorite berry. Blackberries, are a close second. But being out in the fields reminded me of picking raspberries with my Grandma Brenchley in her garden where I used to love eating them right off the vine. I had my fair share today. Now, I just have to teach myself how to make jam before I eat them all.



The little self serve area. What I love about small town USA.

1. Weigh your container
2. Pick berries
3. Weigh berries
4. Minus Container
5. Money in the can $1.15 lb
Thank You!




Nick was so proud of all the berries he picked. He filled his bowl.


So, on my way out, I stopped at this stop sign! I laughed out loud. Couldn't we all use this reminder every once in a while?


No comments: