Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SEATTLE


Mark and I just celebrated our 10th Wedding anniversary together! I would never have ever dreamed that that boy whom I met 14 summers ago... the one that made some sly remark about me being from Mountain Crest and him being from Sky View and then something along the lines of "...now that we're graduated, I guess we can be friends" would end up being the man I would marry. Now here we are 10 years later, 3 moves later with 7 years of schooling behind us, 3 kids, a mortgage, a minivan and a dental practice. We've had to make some pretty big decisions along the way, like any couple. Decisions that we prayed so hard over. We followed our hearts and our dreams and somehow created this life that we live and love so much! I've been so grateful to have Mark by my side through it all. Mark is my very best friend and the greatest person in the world to be married to. He's handsome, hardworking and so funny! He makes me laugh out loud every day which is the reason I married him in the first place! He is kind, thoughtful, sensitive and full of surprises, keeping life fun, interesting and light. He's perfect for me and such a wonderful father to our children. I'm so glad I have him to spend the rest of my life with and so glad he chose me to be his bride 10 years ago!

So, with that all that said, of course we had to celebrate! Ten years is a big deal! I've been wanting to see Seattle since we moved here. What an incredibly beautiful city! The views were INCREDIBLE, the food AMAZING and the shopping FABULOUS. There was so much to do and see. I think we walked over six miles in one day. We loved the lively downtown and the crowds of people everywhere. We stayed at the Sheraton which was right in the middle of it all. Thanks to our wonderful friends who watched our kids so we could get away!

The view from our hotel window.


My handsome hubby!

Us! We still look like kids! :)

A fun little surprise from our friends...the Horvaths! Thank you! We love you, guys!


For dinner Friday night, we went to a place called Salty's on the other side of the bay with incredible views of the city. The food was amazing! I felt like I needed to be pinched. It was the most perfect evening.

We had the best table in the house. I could not get over this view of the Seattle city skyline!

A little friend that wanted to join us for dinner.

Sunset

Okay! The food was delicious! Did I mention that? Crab cakes for appetizers. Their famous clam chowder, halibut (so fancy) and crab macaroni and cheese! To die for!



City Lights

No comments: