Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Skiing at Fern Ridge


Mark's business partner and his wife took us out skiing on Monday night. Oregon keeps on surprising me with it's beauty! I don't think I've ever seen a prettier lake than Fern Ridge. It was freezing all day long and overcast, but by the time we got to the lake that evening, it had warmed up, the clouds had burned off and their was hardly a ripple on the water. It was the perfect night for skiing. I haven't had water like that in years. It was so FUN!!!! Mark and I skied until we couldn't hold on to the rope any longer and there was hardly any daylight left. Glenn even barefooted! He's an animal out there. The kids LOVED the boat! Macy jumped in the water a few times to test her life jacket. It worked! :)

Me skiing. Check out that water. Sweet!

Mark and I air chaired! Mark has done it before, but it was the first time for me. I got up on my first try! Glenn and Jeenie were great couches and awesome drivers! It's a trip when you get up out of the water! I crashed and burned several times. I have yet to master it! So fun, though!

Mark

Me, getting up the first time.

Me, getting some air.

Mark and I have a new motto: THE FAMILY THAT SKIIS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER! We've vowed to get ourselves a boat! Thanks to Glenn and Jeenie for such a fun night (& the hot chocolate and cookies).


Mark's partner, Glenn, chillin' with the kids.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Amen to that! Can we please come with you and if we stick around long enough and you need another fam to go in on a boat together, think of us...not kidding either!
We miss you. How 'bout getting together this weekend...
Cute pics!

Kellie said...

You are amazing Lindsey! Great photos!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I love that family motto! I have been telling Spencer that for years.... you gotta get a boat I guess:) Looks beautiful! I tried a air chair years ago and thought is was the most unusual but amazingly fun thing. We are seriously going to have to come visit you guys someday and see some of those beautiful places.