Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nicholas & Karlee Turn ONE!

Nicholas and Karlee 1 day old

Wow! I honestly can't believe my little babies are ONE! It's definitely a cause for celebration! What a blessing it has been to have Nicholas and Karlee in our home. They have made our family so complete and we can't imagine having one without the other. We love them so much! We've breathed somewhat of a sigh of relief for making it through this first year, but now that they are almost walking...we really don't see them getting any easier!!! They aren't just into everything, but EVERYWHERE now! Also, I swear the day they turned ONE, they got Attitude! They are too cute not to love! Happy Birthday, Sweeties! Thanks for teaching me patience, how not to sweat the small stuff and for making me laugh out loud everyday!

Nicholas and Karlee woke up on their birthdays to find lots and lots of balloons to play with outside their bedroom doors.

Karlee especially loved the balloons!

We took the kids to Wacky Bounce for a few hours to play. It's a huge indoor play place with inflatable slides and trampolines and a little toddler section. Karlee liked the slides and the inflatables but Nicholas DID NOT!!! He clung to us for dear life!

Here is a cute smile from Nicholas!

Busy! Busy! Busy! Nicholas is known for stealing toys. Whatever Karlee has, he wants and GETS! Lucky for him, Karlee just moves on to the next toy. She is getting smarter, though and crawls far, far away from him when she wants to sit and play with something.

The two practically sitting on top of each other! They are such little buddies and always right by each other.

After Wacky Bounce, we took the kids home for naps and then opened presents. I think Macy had more fun opening the presents and playing with the toys than Nicholas and Karlee did.

So, who doesn't love a cupcake! I got inspired after seeing a cupcake tree like this one in Papercrafts Magazine! I call Nicholas and Karlee my little "Monkeys" so this seemed fitting!

Nicholas and Karlee LOVED being sung too! I blew out their candles for them, since they were both going for the fire and then let them have at it. Karlee grabbed the whole cupcake and dug right in! Nicholas wasn't so sure! I had to give him a few bites so he could see what he was missing out on!

Now, he's loving it!

All Gone!

20 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow! I can't believe it's already been a year! They are so precious and cute and growing up so fast! I love Nick's smile and Karlee's pig tails! It is so funny how starkly different their personalities are!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Lindsey I cried through this whole email! I can't believe that they are one already. How fast the year has gone for me!! They are adorable. I still remember talking to you and mom the morning they were born and now it's a whole year later. I love those rascals so much! Even that mischiefness Nicholas! I love you guys so much and am so proud that you have still remained to be the best mommy to those kids. You have done an amazing job lindz and have handled twins with ease and without complaining!GIve those kids lots and lots of kisses from our family! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLEE AND NICHOLAS. They are so cute and have grown up so much since I last saw them!

Julie said...

That year flew by! They are growing up so fast and are so darling. You amaze me! What a great mother you are! I hope all is well! Love ya!

villa brenchley said...

Dear Lindsey: What adorable pictures of my little munchkins. They looked like they were having a good time. Loved them eating the cupcakes. The cupcake tree was so cute and such a good idea. Noticed Nick had both presents in his hands. ha ha I'm glad Karlee is getting smarter to move away from him. They both make me laugh and cry at the same time. I miss them so much. Make sure you give them hugs and kisses from us too. You are "the" perfect mom for them. You know just what to do. What a hoot. Love you tons..... Mom and Dad

Beazer said...

This is craziness! No way has it been a year already. It's been fun watching them grow-up through the blog. Good luck with the upcoming year!

Erin Davis said...

They are so adorable! I really can't believe they are one! Has it really been that long? Happy Birthday!

Ellen said...

So SO cute! I really can't believe how fast a year goes by! I hope you guys are enjoying OR! We miss you here! xoxo

The Toole Family said...

Time certainly does fly... Those little ones are adorable and Macy does such a great job as a big sister. We miss you tons and wish we lived closer....

Jamie said...

Congrats on the 1 year milestone. I can't believe how fast time flies. Time never seems to slow down any more, but it looks like you are making the most of every minute with those cuties! They are lucky to have such a fun Mom! I love to hear about the differences in the twins - they came together but are so different. My kids are really different (personality wise) and I think it really helps them get along better. Take care and tell Mark, Hi!

The Tureks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two of the cutest kids on the planet. I love the pictures of Nicholas, Karlee, and of the cute monkey cupcakes. :-)
I can't believe that they are now a year old. Now, if memory serves me correctly the fun part is soon approaching (the running in opposite directions part)... :-) You will rock this stage too because you are awesome. Love ya!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Happy Birthday kiddos! They have grown so fast! Looks like they enjoyed a great first birthday! I love how completely different they are. So cute.

By the way, I met Markay (Mark's cousin) who plays tennis at Weber. She is good friends with my sis-in-law. What a small world!

Hope you guys are doing great!

The Neeleys said...

Oh they are so adorable - i can't believe it's been a year. and that baby picture of the 2 of them is just priceless! You are such a cute mom and have such a beautiful family. Happy Birthday Nicholas and Karlee!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

They are adorable! I guess that means Kathryn will be one in a couple of months. Time does go by way too fast. Your family is so sweet. Now, on to the toddler years!

Holly Wilcox said...

Happy Birthday cuties!!
And Lindsey- Congrats on surviving the first year with twins!!! You are an awesome mom.

emilyy said...

Hooray for surviving the first year!!! They are so adorable, and I'm sure the best of friends.

Ariel said...

I think you are lying, it has not been a year! They are both so cute. I hope I get to meet them someday. They both seem to have quite the little personalities.

The Teeples said...

I cannot believe they are one already. How cute are they! You have made it! I hear the first year is the hardest although, I would have to agree that things will get a little more shady with both of them walking. If anyone can handle it, it is you guys. Happy birthday Nick and Karlee!

Heather K said...

Wow, one already? They are so adorable!

Becca Benson said...

Oh my goodness Lindsey, How are you!?! Twins, WOW! It's Becca Benson, I used to Visit Teach you in Ohio, I think we left for Idaho before you had your beautiful girl! How is your sister? I found you through the network of Ohio girls blogs Vanessa's, Taylor's, etc. My blog is: bensonbloopers.blogspot.com
email: jvbenson@gmail.com
It's been soo long. Now I have 2 kids, and we're moving into our first REAL house! Email/comment on blog to keep in touch!

Malinovka said...

They are CUTIES!!! I loved seeing all the pics in this post. I can't believe how grown-up they are! They are so adorable. Lindsey, congrats on making it through the first year. You are amazing. I love seeing your little family grow.