Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka from Kaua'i

Me, on vacation in Hawaii!

Mark, Macy and I left the twins with my in-laws and went on vacation to Kauai the week before Christmas with my parents! It was so completely relaxing and wonderful! A little more sunshine could have made the week even more perfect but you can't beat a week wearing flip flops and shorts. While everyone else was experiencing huge snow storms back on the mainland, Kauai was also having its share of unusual weather and was covered in clouds the entire week. The sun did show it's face a few times and I was running to catch some rays when it did. Despite the weather, we had so much fun with my parents and it was nice to have them all to ourselves. Macy was spoiled by all of us and I think she loved every minute of it! All she wanted to do was swim, swim, swim even at 7:30 in the morning. Mark was great to take her out! We tried to sleep in (hard with a 3 year old), took naps, laid by the pool, read, shopped, ate Hula pie (almost every night), played on the beach, swam in the ocean, toured the island and laughed a lot. We missed the twins, but didn't miss all the work that comes along with them. We were excited to get back to them and kiss their little cheeks. My in-laws survived to say the least. They are so great! Now, they need a vacation.







5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Looks like a TON of fun! I love the red painted toenails--and that purple shirt! Where did you get that? It's funny, my brother visited Kaua'i the same week you were there--crazy. Love all the Macey pics :)

Julie said...

I am glad you guys were able to go on vacation! You deserve it! I am sad that I missed you at Christmas... when are you coming back to Utah? Soon I hope! Love ya lots and Happy New Year!

villa brenchley said...

Lindsey: this never works the first time. Just a trial for now. Love ......MOM

villa brenchley said...

Lindsey: Looks like it worked. Great pictures of Hawaii and Christmas. It sure brings back alot of precious memories. We loved going to Hawaii with you kids. You were the greatest. We love and miss you so much :(

Love mom and Dad

p.s. loved the video's Great job.

Kim L said...

What a fun time! And what a nice way to get away! I bet Macy was so happy to get all the attention on her!! We've been to Hawaii once(before kids) and you gave me hope that we could do it again even with kids!! :) Glad you all had a great holiday too! Happy New Year!