Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Cheer

Macy, Preston and Tyson as Baby Jesus!

We spent Christmas Eve at my brother Jon's home in Providence, Utah, just up the street from my parents house. We had a FULL agenda that night: dinner, Christmas bingo; a craft for the kids (all Tonya's doing), a ping pong tournament (which Mark lost to my nephew, Jaxon, who is 11, in the championship game---he's really good), karaoke, a lightening basketball tournament and a living nativity followed by the singing of Christmas carols. It was such a fun night. My brother and his wife sure know how to throw a PARTY! We are seriously considering coming back for next year's party.

Because we decided to fly to Utah at the last second due to the huge snow storm that hit the Northwest the day we were suppose to hit the road, we had to ship all of the kids Christmas presents back to Oregon. We thought we'd have our van to haul everything back in and of course, Santa wouldn't be Santa if he hadn't brought the dollhouse. That is ALL Macy wanted! It just arrived today (a week later) and it was like Christmas all over again at our house!

Christmas jammies!
Taking a picture with both twins looking is next to impossible!



These kids must have been good because Santa delivered!


This one in particular got spoiled!


Karlee exhausted after playing with all her toys!

By the way...I became a new Aunt on Christmas Eve. My sister, Lezlee, had her baby boy that morning. Welcome Cole Ryan Strong! We can't wait to meet you!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Erin Davis said...

I can't believe how grown up Macy looks! And your babies are growing so fast. Don't you wish you could freeze them as babies! I wish I could keep Hayden this age forever! Cute family!

The Tureks said...

Oh my you gave me so much to comment on....first of all your kids are beautiful as always! Macy is a cutie for sure. It is a good thing you said that you are having those modesty chats. ;-) Hawaii's beaches and Utah's snow covered mountains looked amazing! You had the best of both worlds for Christmas!!!! Awesome! You totally deserve it. Matt and I did get to know each other better :-) We actually did reminisce on some of the previous year laughs at your house. I'm thinking of a few questions that turned us all shades of red. :-) Tell Mark hi for us! I hope you all have a happy new year!

Alyssa said...

How cute! Those babies are gorgeous and growing up so fast! Tell your sister congratulations! I bet Macy LOVED playing Mary :)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

HELLO SANTA!!! I wish I was there to watch them play with all their new toys! I also can't believe how beautiful your trip was! You look amazing lindz and I love love love macy in her cute swimwear on the beach. Tell mark he's a hotty as well! Can't believe you went on a helicopter ride. SPOILED! That video of macy and preston sledding was awesome. I was laughin so hard how they almost tipped at the end! What a fun day with the fam. Wish I was there. Love ya!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I think girls are tooo easy to spoil because there are just so many fun things to buy them. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Your babes are darling and growing so fast.

emandtrev said...

How awesome that you got to come home and go to Hawaii for Christmas! It sounds (and looks--great pictures!) like you had a wonderful holiday!

Megan Anderson said...

Mark, I don't think you have aged a day since the last time I saw you. What a cute cute little family. I found your blog from Jill and Todd's(sleight)who I am related to, what a small world!

kmon said...

I can't believe Mark lost at ping pong. That is unheard of...

Jenn Whitesides said...

What a fun Christmas! What looked even more fun to me however, was your trip to Hawaii!! So, so lucky! Reading about your trip has inspired me to start planning a trip for Joe and I...no kiddos. You both look great and your kids are so adorable. Happy New Year!

Malinovka said...

All Mierae wanted for Christmas was a doll house too! Glad you had such a great holiday. Congrats to Lezlee!!!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Looks like the kids got spoiled. Aren't the holidays so much more fun with little ones! Hope you guys are doing great!

The Morris Family said...

What a fun Christmas!! So sorry we missed you guys over Christmas, but it is so busy trying to squeeze in family time & everything else...What a great vacation. You guys definitely deserved a little get away!!