Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bedtime for Babies!



(Remember to push pause on the music so you can listen to this!)

I can't believe my babies are 3 months old today! This past month has flown by compared to the first two. Life has gotten so much easier. That doesn't mean there aren't days when I want to pull my hair out! But we have our little routine down and Nicholas and Karlee are just happier babies. Nicholas is my little alarm clock and is up at 7:30 on the dot every morning. I usually have to run in to his room and grab him before he wakes up Karlee. Karlee, on the other hand, will sleep until 10am if I let her. Lately, they've both been getting up at around the same time. I love, LOVE walking in to their room and seeing them both wiggling and smiling up at me. I get the biggest smiles in the morning and a lot of "cooing." I love this stage!

Karlee is my little wiggler! She manages to wiggle out of all of her blankets and even her pajamas. I always can find her with one arm up, out through the neckline of her night gown. One morning, I even found her with one leg sticking completely out of her footed pajamas. She had popped the buttons open and wiggled out. No matter where I put her at night, she manages to scoot over to Nicholas and has usually turned 90 degrees. The funniest thing happened on Sunday. I was getting Nicholas ready for church and Mark was in the shower and I had put Karlee in the baby bouncer. It wasn't long after, Macy started yelling "Uh, oh! Karlee's out!" I went running in to see what was the matter and found Karlee on the floor on her tummy. She had scooted right out of the bouncer and flipped over on to the floor. Now I strap her in every time and I don't think she likes it. She's always trying to buck out! I have a feeling she is going to be my really quiet child that is in to everything.

Nicholas, on the other had, is such a boy! He sweats, he stinks but he sure loves his mamma! He is such a snuggler (unlike any of my girls) and loves to be packed around. He cries the second he sees me until I pick him up or walk away. Out of sight, out of mind! He is getting huge! He is already in size 3 diapers while Karlee is still in size 2 and he is already wearing 6 month stuff. I love to dress him like a little man in polos and khakis! He LOVES soft blankets and always has to have one held between his hands and next to his cheek to fall asleep. Oh, and don't forget the binkie. He'll only take the Soothie but he can't keep it in. I practically have to wrap it up with him in his blanket to keep it from falling out. It's so frustrating! I've thought about using one of my head bands to keep it in. There is something about his hands that I just love. Even when he eats he has them clasped tight right up under his chin. I have to fight him to get the bottle in because he won't move his hands. He just discovered them yesterday and has been staring at them all day. It's great because he actually has something to entertain him besides me. He is a lot of drama but oh, so cute!

So, life is definitely a lot of fun right now at our house!

15 comments:

alan said...

Ohhhh...SO CUTE!!!! Al cannot stop talking about the twins! thanks for warming him up to babies ;)

Kortney Manning said...

They are so sweet. I can't believe it's already been three months. Very cute video...I'll bet that makes Grandma both happy and sad all at once to watch! My best friend from high school just found out she is pregnant with twins. This will be her first/firsts!! She is excited and very nervous. I told her about you and Brooke! (I'm sure I've put to rest all of her fears by doing so!!) Fun to check in on you :)

Kade and Katie said...

hey linds! i don't know if i've left a comment, or just thought about leaving one...to let you know i'm spying :) anyhow, it's katie longhurst! last time i saw you, you were at the pool with your mom and sis and pregnant! you didn't know about the twins yet! how dang cute are they! how fun! you do have your hands full, but they are just so sweet. i love to read your blog and see your cute family! you look great, and looked amazing through your pregnancy! what a cute mom you are. well, i just had to say hi and that i love keeping up on you and the fam! i love running into your mom and catching up on you then as well! i'll let you know when i join the blogging crew! take care!

Em said...

Loved this post and being able to hear about your little babes. Glad that things are going smoothly. They are so, so adorable and I bet Macy just loves being the big sister!

Krystal Trapnell said...

So cute. I want to squeeze them!

Ormeeheads said...

Reading your blog almost makes me baby hungry!!! Almost! I gotta tell you the little boys love to cuddle. Maybe I'm not baby hungry because Lewie is still a baby. He still wants to cuddle every day and he still drags his blankie around. They are so cute!

Rachael said...

Linds, you are a great mom! I love this movie and the one of Macy twirling. You do a wonderful job documenting your cuties.
I'm happy to hear your parents bought a condo in St. George. My parents are serving a mission, so we won't be making any trips there for awhile. I'll be sure to tell you when we do.
MARK HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Love the pic of you in your scrubs doing three things at once.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

That video was to die for! I can't believe how freaking cute they are! They have gotten SO BIG! I am so proud if you! You have it all together! I miss them soooo much and wish I was there to hold them! Give them kisses from me and a big one to macy! Luke couldn't stop watching the video. Baby nick and Karlee. Ps I just met a girl here that spells her name the Karlie!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

whoooo sorry about all the missed spelled words and phrases!! WOW!

Brian Adair Fam said...

I can't believe they're 3 months old!! They are so cute. I LOVE the video. That smile from Karlee at the end of the video was priceless. I'm so glad that the routine is happening and I'm so impressed that you have things all figured out (at least most of the time, right?!?).

Holly Wilcox said...

The twins are the most beautiful babies ever! Keep posting photos- I don't think you could ever post too many. (referring to a previous post)

The Morris Family said...

I love the video of your cute babies. This age is so much fun because you're finally in some sort of routine & they can finally start to smile & coo. We sure miss you guys. Derek could not stop talking about how great it was to see you guys & your cute family. He just gushed about how cute the twins are & how big Macy had gotten (& trust me, my husband does not gush). Tell Mark happy birthday from all of us:)

Ben and Michelle said...

Hey Linds, Your twins are so beautiful. I am so jealous, I've probably told you already that I would absolutely love to have twins.

Malinovka said...

Oh, too cute, Lindsey! They are so adorable. I loved hearing your voice again--you sound so much like Lezlee that I had to remind myself it was you! Glad the babies are happier! I'm sure life would be crazy without a schedule. I'm glad they're so good for you!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I love seeing the video clip and reading how things are going. Even though I haven't seen them I feel like I am getting to know them. They are growing so fast. Such a cute family!