Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Macy's Baptism Day






 Macy was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints on September 14, 2013.  It was a very special day for her and for all of us that were there to support her.  She was more excited for her baptism than even her birthday and had been looking forward to this day all year.  She looked so beautiful in her dress and was radiant the whole day!  I remember the bishop saying a few words right after her baptism and before her confirmation and telling her that right now all her sins had been washed away and she was perfect! He then asked her if she thought she'd stay perfect from here on out?  She was so cute and confident when she said "Yes!" so sweetly and innocently.   She might pretty well stay that way.  This day made me realize that she is really growing up.  Macy is such a good girl and she wants so badly to do what is right and follow the Savior's example. She is a great example to me.  In so many ways, our children teach us.  I am so happy she wanted to be baptized.  I know the blessings that the gospel has brought in to my life and the strength it has given to me over the years and I want that for her.  I know she will find it here!  Such a special day with grandparents and loved ones and dear friends that came from so many distances to show Macy they love her! She is one lucky girl & we are lucky to have her in our family!

















No comments: