Sunday, September 18, 2011

Home Alone!

I never thought the day would come when I would have everyone in school and I'd be home alone with the house all quiet, staring at a few hours all to myself! I had a day like that last Thursday and it was WONDERFUL! I love my kids and all but I haven't heard "quiet" in my house like that in over 3 years. It was sweet, sweet bliss!

So what did I do, you ask...well, my neighbor came over and we put up raspberry jam and had a very nice, uninterrupted visit! I showered, actually DID my hair...curled it, no less...and ate lunch. Wow! I've forgotten that it used to be like that! I know I will miss those days when my little ones were running all around me, needing me every second for this or that, but until I miss those days...and for now, I'll enjoy my peaceful...quiet... bliss if only for a few hours!



Macy is officially a 1st Grader! Wahoo!

When I asked her what her favorite part of 1st grade was, she responded, "Lunch!" She seems to be loving it. I miss her a TON when she's gone & we all get so excited when it's time to go pick her up. Nicholas & Karlee miss her especially!


Karlee and Nicholas started preschool and are loving it, too! They've been waiting rather impatiently for their turn to go to school. Their day finally arrived. They couldn't be happier & have no problem with me leaving them. They've already made lots of friends in their class.





2 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

awww... Lindsey, You have a beautiful family!! I know your kids must be as sweet as you!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Lindsey this is a new chapter! How nice! I think a little time away from my kids make me appreciate them more. With the added bonus of choosing how to spend your time for a few hours. Knowing you, you most likely have a laundry list of things you are going to accomplish. Enjoy!