Sunday, September 18, 2011

The End of Summer!




So, I kind of had this "Summer-To-Do" list with the kids. Things like playing in the water fountains downtown, meandering through the Saturday Farmer's Market, eating lots of snow cones, picking berries for jam and swimming almost every day. I think we did it all!

One particular thing on my list, that I was NOT going to not let happen, was a day at the beach. Well, if you know anything about the Oregon Coast, it's not the type of beach where you go and lay out and bask in the warm sun and swim in the ocean. First of all, the temperature is usually in the 60's, sometimes 70s and the water is ALWAYS freezing! So I was kind of dreading hauling my kids out there but they always love it. Sand is sand and the ocean is always something majestic. So with my mom still here, we took off for an afternoon and had a great time at the beach, building sand castles and looking for seashells. Of course, there was chowder and fish 'n chips at the end of it. That's worth a drive to the coast alone!

I hope when my kids remember summer, they remember these kind of days!













1 comment:

Malinovka said...

Oh, these pictures are so sweet!! I'm so glad you got to do everything you wanted to this summer. Now that our kids are in school, summer is so different--really a time to pack in everything we can while we're together. But, I'm with you on the bliss of quiet mornings when they're at school!! :) So glad we can enjoy each phase.