Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break 2010



For Spring Break, we made a trip out to the coast and spent the weekend with Mark's sister, Heather, her hubby and their cute little baby. We stayed at their timeshare in Depoe Bay. Our condo was amazing and had the most breathtaking ocean views. The waves were literally crashing outside our window. The weather was stormy which made it all the more exciting.


Macy could not get enough of her cousin,
Kennedy. Best Baby EVER!

Karlee ready for a swim.

We all laughed so hard at this pictures of Nicholas! The hand towel was a perfect fit!

We made the trip up north to tour the Tillamook Cheese Factory. The cheese samples were delicious. Of course, we had to get ice cream.







We stopped by the Air Museum to tour what was a U.S. Naval Station from 1942 to 1948. The building was enormous and use to house the blimps that were used to patrol the ocean looking for enemy submarines during WWII. The kiddos went crazy over the airplanes!




We found a paved driveway down to the beach where we sat and watched the sunset. It was beautiful!



The next day, we checked out both the Yaquina Bay and Yaquina Head lighthouses. The lighthouse at Yaquina Head is still used today. The light from a single lightbulb can be seen 21 miles away due to the mirrors and reflectors. It's amazing! Macy was tall enough to climb to the top...all 104 stairs. She did awesome!!!



The Tide Pools

The sea lions basking in the sun.


More ocean views


I always love taking pictures of the twins sleeping in the car. They were exhausted after running all day!

This was such a great trip! We hope this becomes a new Swensen/Kimber tradition.

6 comments:

BeckyB.West said...

Hi Lindsey! I hope you don't mind- I found your blog from Monique's list. I haven't seen you forever! Your family is so cute. Looks like you're all a happy bunch. Hope you're doing well!
-Becky

Katrina said...

What a fun Spring Break -- it looks so much more fun that what I did!! Russ was in Utah so I was on my own and my boys were stinkers!! Glad it was a great trip!

Malinovka said...

Beautiful! We can't wait until our trip to the Oregon coast. Can we please, please come see you then--last week of July? I'm glad you had such a great trip!

The Tureks said...

Wow, what a fun and gorgeous vacation. Your pictures make me feel like I am truly missing something having never been to the west coast. Your family is adorable as always.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

What the life you have! LOOKS AMAZING! From the sunset to the seals! I loved all of it! Then you have to show the mom of the year cupcakes! I LOVE THEM! You are so talented lindz! Then the trip to ARIZONA? It just keeps getting better and better. Don't hold me in suspense for so long! I can't handle all your fun posts at once! Love you lindz! You look beautiful and I love your little fam!!

emandtrev said...

What great pictures. Wow--those ocean views are amazing! Happy Belated Birthday, too! :)