Friday, March 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I can't believe I haven't posted since January. So much has happened...and to be honest, I have been too exhausted & lazy to blog about it. Life has been busy. I think two 2 year-olds will do that to you. Just to play catch up I'll sum everything up real quick.

I turned 31!!!! Maybe I shouldn't be revealing my age but I'm okay with it. I celebrated my birthday in Scottsdale, Arizona sleeping in until 10:30 AM, reading by the pool and shopping like I'd never seen a department store (which I haven't for a while). It was lovely! Mark had a dental conference he was attending there and I was lucky to be able to tag along, thanks to our sweet friends, Mary and Micah who so willingly watched our kids for us. That in itself was the best birthday gift ever! Thank you!

While we were there, we were able to meet up with the Mannings for dinner, who are close friends from dental school. They drove an hour out of their way to see us and we really appreciated it. We had so much fun catching up and reminiscing about the good old days. We had some good laughs.


Mark's brother, Matt, came to stay with us for a weekend just after returning from serving a two year mission for our church in Catania, Italy. It was so great to see him! Macy never left his side and cried the day he had to go. We took him for Gelato and then to the Oregon State girls gymnastics meet against Stanford. Macy and the twins loved it. The stadium was packed. We finally figured out what everybody does on a Friday night in Corvallis.


I got in trouble for taking this pictures. Apparently, NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. Oops!

The kids made.....MESSES & lots of them (this is an everyday occurrence)

...and Valentine Cards

Gave each other wagon rides...

...watched T.V. (that looks a little too close)


...and played in the dirt. I can't keep them out of it and now it's on everyone's shoes and tracked through the house. I have a feeling this is just a glimpse of what summer is going to be like!


Bring on the sun!!

5 comments:

Malinovka said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you had such a great birthday!! And so exciting that Mark's brother is home from ITALY! Hard mission probably, but I'm still jealous.... And I hear ya about the mud! UGH! I'm going to go crazy before it's even April. :) But I won't complain about the sunshine.

Darin and Joanna said...

Cute pictures! I cannot believe that is Mark's little brother back from a mission!!!! He should still just be a little boy. Crazy how time flies. It looks like you are keeping busy in Corvallis. Darin and I need to come for a visit again....it was so much fun seeing you all, plus we never did get to try any of that Gelato!

The Tureks said...

Thanks for the recap. I was starting to wonder about you as I would check the blog....lol

Rachael said...

Happy Belated Linds! Wished you would of called us. Would have loved to have seen you guys. You look great as always! ...Rach

Threebusybs said...

I found you!! Super cute blog.

Aimee