Saturday, August 1, 2009

Celebrating 8 Years Together


Eight years ago today, Mark and I were married in the Logan LDS Temple. We got married on a Wednesday, of all days. I wanted August 1st. Sorry, to everyone that had to take off work in the middle of the week. It was a gorgeous day, not a cloud in the blue Utah skies. After 7 months of planning a wedding without my mother, who was in Australia serving with my dad who was over the missionaries for our church in that area, all the details flawlessly came together. I think we ran out of desserts at the reception but I didn't even notice. Come to think of it, I didn't even get any refreshments at my own wedding. I have no idea if they were good or not. All I know is that we served lots of different cakes. I remember not wanting to take my wedding dress off after the reception knowing that I would never wear it again or have a day quite like this one. Then there was the midnight run through Wendy's drive thru because we both were STARVING after the reception. It was the perfect wedding day I had always dreamed about as a little girl. The prince wasn't bad looking either ;-)

Now, looking back, we look so young and innocent in this picture. My hair is actually done and if you look close enough, we're actually holding hands. Holy smokes! I can't remember the last time we did that! J

A lot has happened in our eight short years together (12 if you're counting when we first met the summer before our Freshman year at Utah State); dating, Mark's mission, breaking up, getting back together, an engagement, a wedding, graduations, new jobs, three moves, three kids, new friends, and lots of laughs and cries, big decisions and surprises along the way. I am so glad that I've had Mark to experience all of these many little adventures with. He is my very best friend and the one I rely on to get me through the day. We are perfect for each other and I couldn't imagine my life with anyone but him. Love ya, Babe! Thanks for making life so sweet! I'm so glad we have forever!

10 comments:

The Toole Family said...

Congrats.. Did not know that we were so close in anniversaries. Our anniversary is on the 3rd and it will be 7 years..
Thanks for the new pics. Miss you lots. Carter would be having so much fun with Macy these days...

Joni said...

Happy Anniversary!

I had to laugh about your Wendy's run. We did the very same thing (only it was Burger King) because we didn't get any of our reception goodies either!

You and Mark are such a snazzy couple and thank heavens you got together because look at those kids!

Here's to the next 8!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds. I can't think of a better couple! Hope you've had a fab day full of making sweet, sweet memories!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

PS....I thought I was your best friend!!!

emandtrev said...

What a great post! You guys ARE perfect for each other and make such a wonderful couple. Congrats on 8 years!

P.S. We also did a middle of the night food/treat fun! We hit Burger King and Smith's. :)

The Tureks said...

Congrats! Cute post and obviously still a cute couple :-)

The Blair Giles Collection said...

LOVE what you wrote!

Blair left me in the hotel room to walk a couple miles to IHOP on our wedding night. I was sitting pretty waiting for him but after the first hour, forget it! His dad (who paid for the hotel) exclaimed the next day, "Son! You just left her there? Why didn't you just order room service?" Blair's grown-up, manly reply was..."I thought you'd be mad!" Giles' are still cheap but they're good to their women!

Congrats! We're glad to see another set of love birds! tweet- tweet!

Ben and Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are such a cute couple.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Hey guys! We just had some people move into our ward that are from Logan and know you. Ken and Lisa Burningham. Lisa said she's been friends with Mark for a long time. Small world huh?