Friday, August 28, 2009

A House Full of Princesses


So, I now have a 4 year old! I can hardly believe it but oh... what a fun age to be! This little girl is all PRINCESS so of course, we had to have a PRINCESS PARTY to celebrate. For two hours, I had a house full 12 dancing and singing princesses and it was absolutely CRAZY! I have never been so exhausted. Birthday parties are so much work and if you know me, I don't know how to make anything easy. To see the smile on Macy's face and how HAPPY she was to be with her friends made everything worth it. I love this girl! Anything for her! She's completely spoiled.

The girls arrived at 1pm. It was requested that they arrive in their BEST PRINCESS ATTIRE or they could dress up when they got here. They all looked so beautiful in their dresses and it just added to all of the excitement. By the end of the party, I think they had all changed into at least one different outfit and it was all we could do to make sure everyone left in the same clothes they arrived in. We decorated princess wands and party bags with glittery stickers and jewels. Note to self: Stick to stickers in the future and stay away from glitter, glue and anything that is wet and sticky! The girls loved it though! Next came the games: Pass the Slipper (similar to Hot Potato) and Pin the Crown on the Princess. Then the Dance-off-Freeze Competition where the girls danced their little hearts out to "Happy Birthday Princess" and froze when I stopped the music. I got them good and tired. Next came cupcakes and presents and the grand finale...the Princess Pinata. It was a hit. Another side-note: don't put rings and candy bracelets in the pinata that could get busted. You get what you pay for!

It was such a fun birthday DAY all together! I just love my little Macy. She is my little best friend. I love our conversations together. I love playing dollhouse and our little time at night when just me and her read stories together and talk about our favorite part of the day and all the fun we are going to have tomorrow. Macy is such a sweet little girl. She doesn't come without the drama of a 4-year-old, that is for sure, but we love her none-the-less. The twins adore her and she is such a great big sister to them. They follower her everywhere. Nicholas is ALWAYS by her side playing, but mostly bugging her like little brothers do. We are working on patience.

Here's to the birthday girl! Macy, we love you!

The Party Invites!

The Princess Barbie Cake! No, I did not make this. The sweetest girl, Lizzie, did! The girls were all in love with it! I wouldn't serve it because it was just too beautiful! I served cupcakes instead. I think the girls were definitely disappointed.

Stars in the Entryway!

The Beautiful Princesses

The sweet birthday girl opening her presents!

Princesses gathered all around.

This Tinkerbell outfit was so cute!

Macy riding her new scooter! She was so excited!

6 comments:

AMY MICHELLE said...

What! Macy is FOUR! She is so big. We had to throw Avery a princess party for her 4th birthday too, it is so much fun to have girls to do girly stuff for. I am sure Macy's party was amazing. She is a lucky little girl.

Alyssa said...

How cute! You really did outdo yourself--like I should be talking, I'm sure I'll do the same! What a cutie patutie that Macy!

Malinovka said...

How fun!! I'm sure it was one of the best days of Macy's life. :) Of course you had to hand-make the invitations--so cute! Mierae was in love with her Barbie/princess cake too. What a fun age! I agree with you that at this age they are our friends and we can have some great conversations! Just keeps getting better.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Princess Macy! We love you so much and wish we were there to celebrate! I hear your party was the best princess party ever to be held! Lindsey, it looked AMAZING! I am so proud of you! What a fun mom. I wish I was there dressed up as a princess and where did tinker bell get her outfit! I want it! Loved the scooter, cupcakes, the INVITES, the cake, the decor.........I LOVED IT ALL! What a success and Darling girls! Macy looks very loved!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Tell Macy that Luke said she was very pretty. SHE IS ADORABLE and I want to kiss and squeeze her! Send our love!

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

How fun does that look? You are the cutest mom and so creative. You made the cheesy princess obsession girls get look very cool and tasteful. Wish I was invited. :)