Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting Crafty!


So, since I had to keep the twin's nursery gender neutral when they were born, I felt a little deprived that I never got to decorate for a boy! Now that Nicholas has his own room, I was excited to spruce it up and add some BLUE! I found this cute airplane bedding on sale at PotteryBarn and purchased a few art canvas' and made these pictures to go above his crib (a little something, something Cynthia taught me in South Carolina). I just traced the airplane off the quilt and used that pattern to trace on to scrapebook paper that somewhat matched the material. Then with a little bit of tape and Modge Podge... you get cute, fun and inexpensive decor! My next project will be painting his room!

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

What the, I'm going to have to get after Cynthia--she never taught me that! That looks super cute! How exciting to get to decorate your cute home and cute kids rooms, I wish I could see it!

Malinovka said...

Cute, Lindsey! You're so crafty, I just love it. I'm glad you were finally able to decorate in blue!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Hi! That is so cute! I saw that some one did that at a craft show and was making some good money. Great job! They are getting so big and so adorable!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I love it!!! I can't believe how perfect it looks. Are you loving having a home to make your owe? I am going to have to try this out someday.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

How did I miss this.... I want to put in an order for SAIL BOATS! Love it linds. They look perfect!

Kandice said...

Such a cute idea! I wish I could decorate in BLUE! One good thing is Brinlee's favorite color happens to be blue. Live it up!!!

The Blair Giles Collection said...

Way to give a shout out to your girl Cynthia G! I miss you so much Lindsey! Nick's room is beautiful. Aren't boys so fun?