Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our First Home!

We just got a call from our Realtor in Oregon congratulating us on our new home!!! We couldn't be more happy about it! It is in a great neighborhood with a community pool, playground, exercise facilities, clubhouse and great walking trails. We can just see our young family being so happy here and we can't wait to move in!!!

A HUGE thanks to my parents for flying out to South Carolina to watch all of our kids so Mark and I could fly right back to Oregon. We were gone for five days and looked at too many houses to count. It came down to two homes. We actually put an offer in on another house that we loved but we just couldn't get this home (shown above) out of our minds. We were so unsettled about it all. After stressing over it for a week and losing sleep, we ended up retracting our offer on the first home and putting in an offer on this one. We cannot believe how much better we feel and how much more excited we are! This is how home buying should be!

We absolutely LOVED Corvallis while we were there! We checked out a few preschools for Macy, went to lunch with the staff at Mark's new office (whom we just LOVE), had dinner at the home of the dentist Mark is going in to practice with and ate at some really fun restaurants. Corvallis has so much charm!!! I found the greatest toy store there. We bought Macy an umbrella. I'm sure she'll be needing one! The rain makes everything so green and the valley is just so beautiful!

We close on our home on the 7th of July! We are really excited for this next chapter in our lives but also sad to be leaving all of our friends here in Columbia. We have really grown to love this place and there will be so many people and places that we will miss!

Here are some shots of the inside! I love all of the arches and windows. This home is so light and bright! It makes me so happy and I can't wait to decorate! We'd love for you all to visit us!

Front entry, living and dining area!

View from the family room looking into the kitchen!

View from the upstairs bonus room looking out to the bedrooms!

Cute square windows in living room!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!

It is soooo you!! How cute is that house!

I can't wait to see how you add your personal touch!

Em said...

Hip, hip hooray! Congrats on the new home-seriously, it is absolutely stunning! Totally love it. I am so, so excited for you and for your lovely arches. (I've always wanted some of those in my home). Can't wait to see how you decorate. Hope the move goes smoothly.

Jamie said...

Congrats!!! The house looks and sounds great. We can't wait to visit :)

Joni said...

Wow, that looks so great!!

we're excited for you.

Malinovka said...

What a beautiful home!!!! I'm so excited for you, and so glad you feel so good about it. I hope we have the same experience with our first home. I would love to see Corvalis! It sounds perfect. I'm so glad you're so happy about it and hope it's everything you want it to be. Congratulations!!! :)

Brian Adair Fam said...

Yeah!!! The house looks so cute!! We're so excited for you guys!! We love that area! I have an uncle who lives in Canby and Brian's sister and fam live in Woodburn, so we're quite familiar with the area! It's so beautiful there! It sounds like you are going to be in a very good situation there!! What a relief, isn't it?!?

Laura said...

what a gorgeous home! congrats!

Erin Davis said...

Wow, that is so fun you guys! I can't wait to get into a house. Soon I hope! Congrats!

SHANNON said...

What a beautiful home!! Congrats

Alyssa said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I'm glad you're feeling so much better about it. That's an awesome house, I LOVE how open it is and how much light there is--you weren't exaggerating! We'll definitely have to come visit when we finally get out of school ;)

AMY MICHELLE said...

Oh! I love that house! I don't think there is a house even that cute here in the Springs. I really want to come visit you guys someday. I am so happy things are working out so great for you guys! Congrats on everything.

Amber C said...

Mark and Linds-
We are so happy for you. It sounds like you are going to love Corvalis. We can't wait to come and visit. Congrats.
Love,
The Crane's

Laurie Gustafson said...

Congrats on the new house! It looks beautiful! I can't believe that a year has already gone by since graduation! Your kids look adorable...I can't believe how big your twins are! Oh, and I love that Karlee rolls and scoots and works her way out of her PJ's.

Haueter Photography said...

Your house is so cute. Congrats! I'm glad that it all worked out for you guys.

Ariel said...

It looks awesome. Congrats for making it this far in life!

emilyy said...

Lindsey I am so happy for you guys. What a wonderful feeling to have such a great place to be moving to. It is so cute, I can't wait to see pics of how you fix it up.

Rachael said...

What a lovely home!Congratulations! It's never easy spending money on your first home. I remember after buying our first home (and waiting for it to be built)I was so excited, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking out every square foot of the house and how I wanted to decorate it and make it my own. Good luck with the move!