Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend in Richmond!


Over the weekend, we went to visit the McCormicks, our very close friends from dental school who are now living in Richmond, Virgina. It was one of those last second things but we are so happy we went! We had so much fun catching up and being together!

Mark was attending a conference in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on Friday so he was more than halfway there. I packed up all the kids in the mini van and drove four hours to pick him up and then we drove another two hours to Richmond together. Adam and Emily were such great hosts and showed us all around the city and some of their favorite spots. One of the historical sites we stopped to see was St. John's Episcopal Church where Patrick Henry delivered his famous speech in 1775 "Give me liberty or give me death."

Macy and Tucker were so excited to see each other and were practically inseparable. As you can tell by the pictures, we were always telling them to kiss. It was so fun to get all of the babies together too. Little Berkeley is a doll and such a good baby! Emily even arranged a babysitter for Saturday night and we left all five kids (babies were all in bed) and went to dinner. It was WONDERFUL! It's funny how it's always so easy to pick up right where you left off with friends even when time and distance separate you! We have met so many wonderful people at all of our stops in life and even though I get so sad every time we have to move and say good-bye, I feel that my life would be so different without any of you in it!

8 comments:

Jillian said...

I think you must be amazing- I have four little ones under 5 and I think that is hard but you have your hands full. Congrats on your new house in Oregon.

Malinovka said...

What a fun weekend trip! I'm glad you got to see Adam and Emily again. I'm sure the kids had so much fun. We'll have to make it out to Virginia one of these days--sounds like a great place to visit!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Those pic's of Macy and Tucker are so cute. How fun that you got to go see Adam and Emily. I didn't know they had a girl. It really is amazing that you can not see someone for a long time and yet you can pick up like you haven't missed a day. I guess that is a sign of good friends!

The Morris Family said...

How fun that you were able to visit them & the pics of all of you on the couch with your kids is too cute. It's hard to believe how much can change in just a few years...I LOVE your new house. It looks so cute & charming, & I know you guys will love rasing your little family there.

Katrina said...

How crazy that you visited Richmond the weekend that we moved. We are in Indiana (at a Holiday Inn) and are on our way to Iowa. We will miss Virginia!

I love your new house and am so excited for you guys! Enjoy it!!

I'll post what's in my bag eventually, but right now our belongings are in an ABF truck somewhere between Virginia and Iowa, so I'll get to it, but I'm not promising when!

Matt and Allyson said...

You were in my old stomping grounds...lucky you. I love the east coast.

Alyssa said...

LOVE the family pics!! Especially Nicholas' laughing pic--way cute, I'll have to show Al!

The Blair Giles Collection said...

Loving the music, Mark and Lindsey! BG