Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


We love celebrating any holiday at our house! My kids just EAT it up! For St. Patrick's Day, we made this trap out of an oatmeal can and decorated it St. Patty's style with a tempting pot of gold on top. We caught this cute little leprechaun a few weeks ago and he has been playing tricks on us ever since!!! One morning, he turned all of our dining chairs upside down on the table, another morning...we found our dvd cases stacked all the way to the ceiling. Once he poured himself a bowl of Lucky Charm cereal and was standing in the middle of it, and another time, we found green water in our toilet bowls. He is a trickster, by all means, and my kids can't wait to see what kind of trouble he's been up to while they've been sleeping. Nicholas calls him the "Elf" probably because we had an elf at Christmas time that did similar things. We'll miss this little guy when he's gone but...

....it's been fun!

4 comments:

Malinovka said...

SO fun! I've wanted to do this with my kids, but just haven't looked into it or organized myself enough to be ready for the holiday. I'm going to remember all your fun leprechaun pranks for next year!

Alyssa said...

So cute Lindsey! I'm so excited to do things like that--I've always been a big holiday celebrator myself :)

The Tureks said...

Oh that is cute! You are a fun mom.

Kellie said...

You ARE SUCH a fun mom!!! What great ideas you have. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to remember them next year!