Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blackberry Picking








One of our favorite things about living in Oregon is all of the fresh berries available! Blueberries, marionberries, strawberries, blackberries. My freezer is full of them. My personal favorite are the blackberries and there are wild blackberry bushes every where. For Family Home Evening one night, we rode our bikes down to our "secret" blackberry picking spot and filled our bowls, which made for yummy blackberry shakes later that night! Every year we make the mistake of wearing shorts and short sleeves and come home with scratches and scrapes! They are worth it!



Notice the bike situation. We've become true Oregonians...

...so have they!

2 comments:

Malinovka said...

Love it! That cute little tandem bike for Macy is awesome. My brother had one for his son too. And I'm sure you're not a true Oregonian without your bikes! Eric's brother and sister-in-law live in Oregon and are AVID bikers! What a great summer activity.

Alyssa said...

Oh yes, the blackberry weed of the NW :) I sure do miss those! I have some in my freezer that I picked in Augusta, but they're so much sweeter over there!