Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beautiful Day at the Coast!






Nicholas petting a baby snapping turtle. He was the only brave one!


Watching the sea lions. They would come right up to the window and do flips in front of us!



Mark and I were craving seafood so we picked up and headed out to the coast with the kids on Saturday. We forget that when it's 90 degrees here, it's always 70 degrees there and a little chilly, but a perfect day to walk around the Newport Aquarium. They have a new exhibit, the Swamplands and it was awesome! We saw an anaconda, alligators, and Nicholas even got to pet a baby alligator snapping turtle. The exhibit was very well done! It was one of our best days at the aquarium.

Afterwards, we headed over the Chowder Bowl for a big bowl of chowder soup and fish 'n chips. I went with the fish tacos. Very good! I also had to make a stop at Wal-Mart since we don't have one! I got my fix!


I just loved this view! The coast is beautiful! Still chilly, even in the summer, but beautiful.

No comments: