Monday, February 16, 2009

Thirty!!!


Okay, so turning 30 wasn't as bad as I was bracing myself for! I seriously was in depression for about a week thinking that my glory days were seriously over and that I had finally arrived at that age I remember my mom always being when I was little. I'm absolutely there... with three kids, a mortgage, and a minivan. I wear jeans and Sketcher shoes almost every day. I just cut my hair even shorter...A-Line! I am now officially in the 'Mom' club! So, you can obviously see why I was having such a hard time with this birthday in particular! But...it turned out to be the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! I had so many phone calls and emails, and letters and people dropping in all day to see me! I seriously have never felt so loved in all of my life! My cute friend, Dawn, made these delicious cupcakes for me that were divine. That is marshmallow on top dipped in chocolate. Martha Stewart. Love her and LOVE, my friend, Dawn!

Also, did I mention I have the best husband in the world! Mark has a knack for making everyone else look bad! He made the day extra special and totally surprised me by taking the whole day off work. He made my favorite breakfast, sent me to work out at the gym with my new gym membership, and scheduled the afternoon for me to be pampered at The Retreat, a local spa here. I had a manicure, pedicure and a facial, which was absolutely heavenly. I felt ten years younger walking out of there. Later that night, Mark and I got a babysitter and went out for sushi. We then discovered our new favorite place in Corvallis, Francesco's--which serves gelato ice cream. We've been there twice in the past week, if that tells you anything. My favorite...peanut butter chocolate chunk and pomegranate! Supposedly it's better for you than ice cream! More reasons to eat up!


My mom did comfort me by telling me that her 30's were the best years of her life! She was finally comfortable with herself and with where she was at and loved where she was going. She had her kids and my dad and was surrounded by wonderful friends. It was just a fun time in life for her! Life must keep on getting better and better! Thanks to everyone that made my birthday so special! I love you all!

13 comments:

Alyssa said...

Doh! I totally forgot it was your 30th birthday! At least I wished you a happy one on facebook! Way to go Mark!

Kim L said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a very special day!

Malinovka said...

I'm glad you had such a good day, Linds! You ARE very special, and I'm glad you felt it. What a wonderful husband to make you feel like a million bucks on this birthday. Hope the 30's bring you everything you wish for!! Love you.

Jamie said...

That post was a great pep talk. Thanks Linds. You don't look a minute over 20, and I am sure they would still check your ID if you went into a gas station to buy a case of beer:) Sorry, it's late for me and I am having crazy thoughts. Luv ya

AMY MICHELLE said...

There you go again Mark making us all look bad. Thanks a lot!!! Seriously Happy Birthday Lindsey. Be sure and plan a trip for a golf/football mancation in the C-Bus.
Spencer

Erin Davis said...

Happy Birthday! 30, that's crazy! I don't have long till I hit 30. Time flies! Love you guys!

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday! Your day sounded awesome you deserve it. I am coming up on the big 30 too and am definetly apart of the "mom" club- we will embrace it together. :)

emilyy said...

Awww. I'm so glad you had such an amazing day. Happy 30th!

Ben and Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!! Mark is such an awesome husband. I am glad your big day was amazing.

Lori said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad it wasn't too hard on you! I've been thinking about mine and it isn't till October, but 30 is just so tough to swallow! I'm glad you had a great day! Tell Mark hi for us, we miss you guys, come see us sometime!

emandtrev said...

Happy 30th! It sounds like an absolutely fantastic day and celebration! I will just second your love of gelato. Love that stuff! If it makes you feel any better, I turned 30 in October and I have had some of my happiest days/months of my life since! Such a veteran, I know, but just thought I'd share. :)

Kandice said...

Happy Birthday! The thing that gets me is when I look at pictures of myself I'm starting to look older.

Way to go Mark!!! I will be sure to have Paul read this post! :)

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! Wow what a great day! I felt a little strange turning 30 last month also. I know how you feel! Glad you had a great day! You deserved it!