Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All Okay!

I cannot figure out what is up with today! Everyone is getting hurt around my house. It started with Nicholas falling out of his crib. I heard a huge 'thud' and ran in to find him lying flat on his back. He was obviously trying to get his blanket and binkie that he had thrown on the floor (a new game of his). I think he was more stunned than hurt and stopped crying the second I picked him up. Time to lower the crib. Then Karlee pulls the bathroom drawer completely out and on top of her. It takes me a second to even find out where she is. I see her pinned underneath the drawer. She was completely okay but just a little scared. That drawer will definitely need a baby proof latch. Then to top it off, Macy is kneeling on the kitchen bar stool eating lunch when she slips and hits her face on the edge of the counter. There is definitely some bruising there. I'm just hoping we get through the rest of the day without a trip to the emergency room! Pray for me!

6 comments:

Joni said...

We've had days like that. I remember the infamous "destruction" day that Radley had at age 20 months. Chocolate ground into the screen door, a jar of pepper dumped on the floor, a pitcher or juice on the floor, which he then slipped on and bruised his cheek, peeing on the carpet, squirting resolve carpet cleaner in his face, finding the bleach pen, opening my mascara and rubbing his poopy diaper on his crib. All in one day.

Hang in there. So glad there is no serious injury to your little ones.

emilyy said...

ouch! Hopefully you didn't just jinx yourself. Good luck.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I am praying really hard! I remember it being tough enough when Luke started walking and getting into things, but double the trouble and you are in for a real treat! I was laughing so hard reading Joni's comment! Why does it have to hit so hard all at once
. Why couldn't it have happened on 3 separate days? I think it occurs to make us cherish and hang onto the good days when nothing goes wrong and we are feeling like good mothers. When I was at the Doctors today Luke kept getting into trouble by the doctor and the nurse and I was right there in the room?! What was I doing? He was everywhere! It was fun talking to you tonight and you're going to have to call me and just sit while we watch the BACHOLER! Love your guts and I promise tomorrow will be amazing!..........unless you're going to dance!!!

Kim L said...

Oh gosh Lindsey!!! You are not alone!!! I have days like this EVERYDAY!!! Brody looks like I beat him or something!! I don't even know how we stay away from the ER myself! I hope your days get better! We miss ya'll!

Whitney B. Balls said...

I loved this post...you are a true mother. Praying that things go a little calmer today!

kmon said...

We hear ya! Parker always has a bruise on his face or head. Always.