Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Field Trip with Macy!




To go along with the October theme at Macy's Preschool "Down on the Farm," her school took a field trip to the Heavenly Harvest Farm here in Corvallis. My cute neighbor came over to my house and stayed with the twins so that I could go and be with Macy. Such freedom! The farm was absolutely adorable! They had dried corn for the kids to sift through and bury themselves in, a hay bale maze that was the perfect size for preschoolers, a fun tractor ride that took us out to a big pumpkin patch where we got to pick our own pumpkins, and the BEST part, rubber ducky races, where the kids got to pump the water to push their rubber ducks down the gutters. They loved it! We got a little rained on and a bit muddy but it all made for a fall day! I can see why every one here owns a pair of rain boots. Definitely a MUST HAVE! Macy had such a good time and packed her pumpkin around with her for the rest of the day! It was so fun to be with her and just a great all around day on the FARM!

14 comments:

AMY MICHELLE said...

How FUN! That is the kinda stuff that makes me LOVE Fall!!! It is fun to make memories with the kiddo's too! I went on Kayla's first field trip to pick apples in Ohio. We need to find a fun fall place here. Nothing will ever out do the Pumpkin Festival though.

Alyssa said...

What?! No rubber boots yet?
What a fun fall day! That's great that you got some freedom and got to take some time out to spend just with Macy--priceless! Oh, the preschooler field trips--I can't wait!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

How fun! I loved all the pics and Luke LOVED macy in the piggy!! She is so cute Lindz and I can't believe she is in preschool already! It looked like a fun day and I can't believe they had all that fun stuff for them to do! MISS THAT GIRL!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Glad you were able to get away and enjoy a day with Macy. Don't you love this time of year?! So many fun exciting things to do with kids.

Malinovka said...

What a fun time! I'm SO glad you were able to have the one-on-one time with Macy! I'm sure you both needed it. I know Mierae will LOVE preschool once we get her in. Glad that you're enjoying fall too!

The Blair Giles Collection said...

Dear Lindsey
I'd love to see you and I hope you
are planning your trip now! Virginia is beautiful. I wish you were here cuz I miss you and your family very much. It makes me want to cry.

love, Lizzy

ps mommy says you are wonderful!

The Morris Family said...

What a fun day even if it was raining. Fall is a great time of year...the pics of the twins crawling are so cute. I'm sure you are extra busy now (not that you weren't before). I can't imagine life with on the move twins. You are amazing:)

The Neeleys said...

What fun posts! Looks like you have been a busy lady. Your kids are adorable - it is so fun to watch those babies grow...crawling already? They are darling! Sounds like you guys are doing well in Oregon. I am so happy for you and your cute little family!

Kortney Manning said...

What cute little kids! I haven't checked in for awhile, and I can't believe how big your babies/Macy are getting. All of your kids have the same bright eyes. So beautiful. Hope you are enjoying your new home and getting settled.

Jillian said...

I tagged you- check out my blog!

Julie said...

What a darling family! I miss you tons and can't wait to see you at Christmas. I will have to get Macy some "milking boots" as we call them around here. Max lives in his and my mom found a tiny pair for Klein. If Macy likes the farm life, she and Max can hook up in the future since Max wants to be a farmer like Grandpa Lee.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Robbs said...

Hi, remeber us from your days in Columbus! I cannot believe that you had twins! And survived to tell about it too. We actually live in Fruitland, Idaho just across the Snake River from Oregon. It is kind of crazy where life takes you.

emandtrev said...

I love fall--that sounds like the perfect field trip! Your little Macy is a doll.