Thursday, August 28, 2008

Macy Turns 3!!!


Macy turned 3 years old yesterday! My little girl is growing up! She has been counting down to her birthday for months now. If you asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she'd tell you "a bike...a purple one." I knew she would LOVE a princess bike and couldn't believe my luck when I found a purple princess bike at Kmart! She was so excited when we gave it to her but she cannot figure out how to pedal, let alone steer. She's never even had so much as a tricycle to get her accustomed to the whole pedaling thing so this may take her a while. She loves it though, especially since it has sparkles on it and a "purse" to put her toys in.



Later that night, we threw Macy a little birthday party with some friends we met at church who have two daughters, and another couple who have twin girls that we randomly met at Costco. They moved to Corvallis from Texas the same weekend we did and we exchanged phone numbers. Little did they know, I would really call. The girls had a blast together decorating princess crowns and parading around the house (half naked) in dress-ups. They all got along so well for just having met each other. When I asked Macy, what her favorite part about her birthday was, she said, "the kids." She LOVES little playmates and she was so happy to have some friends over to play with. At one point, all five of them were up jumping on Macy's full sized bed together.

Birthday Party Girls (or should I say Princesses!) Macy, sisters Rilee & Taylor, twins Danielle & Nina.

Also at the party...

Macy's Birthday cake. I decided to start easy!
(Alyssa, I almost called for help!)




Singing Happy Birthday to Macy! We are way off tune!

15 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday to Macy! Magei has been on a Macy kick lately. I think for the past two weeks she has prayed for Macy every night. We miss you guys! Robyn came over for a play date today, and it made me think of you and Lori...good times. :)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Lindsey!!! To die for! I had no idea she got a bike!! It looked like Mark was getting a little carried away with the turns on the bike!!!! She is so beautiful and you are the best mommy! I can't believe you threw all that together! You cease to amaze me! I loved the cupcake and was drooling over it. I also loved the picture of her cute little girl friends! What a fun day! I am sure it was perfect! Happy Birthday Macy. We sure love you!

Malinovka said...

Happy Birthday, Macy! Linds, your cake was SO cute!! Way to go! I'm so glad Macy got her bike and had friends to play with at her birthday party!

Laura said...

I can't believe she is 3!! I remember coming over to your place in Westerville right after she was born. Time goes by so fast.

The Teeples said...

I cannont believ Macy is already that old.

She is so dang cute and your little twins are getting way to big too fast.

Look like all is going well for all of you.

Love ya,

Jo and Jeff said...

What a beautiful girl! And your twins... adorable. Corvallis sounds wonderful, and looks beautiful. I have cousins that live there... I'm not sure where, and I've never been there. Can you believe you guys are done with school. I'm so jealous. One more year for us. Yahoo. Keep up the great blog!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

LINDSEY I MISS YOUR FAMILY SO MUCH!

The Tureks said...

So Cute!!!! Macy is a little princess. I'm glad that she had such a fun party. I miss my play dates with Macy. :-)
Side note here--I couldn't believe how big the twins are now. They have grown so much in the last 2 months! We miss you guys and think of you often. love ya!

alan said...

Wow! What a cutie! That's really cute that Macy's favorite part was "the kids" :) I can't believe how big the twins have gotten! And your cake is Fabulous!! It doesn't look like you needed an ounce of help!

Alyssa said...

Um, that last comment was me, I didn't realize I was signed in as Al.

Kim L said...

Happy Birthday Macy! I just loved her cake! You did a great job!!! She looks like she had a fabulous bday! Savannah just had a birthday party this past weekend herself! I hope you are are doing great, and hope to hear from you sometime soon!!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Wow! Has it really been three years since Macy was born! I remember the day she was born. She is such a doll. Happy belated birthday Macy! Love the cake.

Mark and Robyn Family said...

Oh your family is so cute! It is so fun to see more pictures of your family and see what you have been doing. I would love to see you. We will have to exchange emails and phone numbers so we can see eachother. You kids are so darn cute!!

Shellee said...

lindsey,
I am glad you found my blog. I think I left a message on yours a while ago. I found it via robyns but it might have been when you were in the middle of the move. I am not so great at posting but I plan on getting better. I am almost done with my yoga training and it's been fun and great and different since I've been pregnant. I am glad you guys are settling in and like Oregon. the pac NW is my favorite place. Our kids are getting so big!!!

emilyy said...

what a cute idea for a cake! I might have to steal that in the future. Happy b-day Macy. it kinda makes me sad that all these kids are growing up so much.