Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Morning!




Christmas morning was the ultimate at our house!!! Our kids are at that PERFECT age where they can't even W-A-I-T until Christmas morning to tear through their presents. Santa pulled through AGAIN and made everyone's dreams come true! Macy got her walking/barking puppy that she's been dreaming about, a Barbie airplane jet and a Teacher's School Kit. Karlee FINALLY got the Dora talking backpack, a Polly Pocket camper, her own Squinkies, a LadyBug that shines stars on her ceiling and a Belle doll. Nicholas wanted cars, cars, cars! So that's what he got; lots of Cars 2 cars, walkie-talkies, a Hot Wheels car hauler and a Hot Wheels MEGA garage. Santa must have thought I had been good because he brought me my first pair of UGGs and a new lens for my camera. Love! Love! Mark got a Kindle and a remote control helicopter, which in his words exactly was the "BEST present EVER!" He's like a kid again flying it around.

We played all morning, danced to Just Dance 3 on the Wii, had buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and attended church. We combined with another ward so there was quite a large crowd. During the meeting, Nicholas leans over to me and says, "Mom, where's Jesus? I don't see Jesus. Why isn't he at his party?" This made me laugh! So, SO sweet! At least he remembered the reason for the season, which reason we are so grateful for, the gift of our Savior. That was the greatest gift of all!

3 comments:

AMY MICHELLE said...

I love Nicholas's comment! I mean why would Jesus miss his own party, right? Having kids is the best, don't you agree? Everything becomes magical again. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

P.S. Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! I love it dark! And so long!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Sounds magical!

Christmas is so exciting with little ones. Way to go Santa!

My Russell asked me the same thing a few weeks ago during the sacrament one Sunday. So funny.

When are we getting together again?:)

am and fm said...

glad you guys had a great Christmas!! I love the family picture...you all look amazing!