Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Day In Oregon



Yesterday, we woke up to SNOW in Oregon!!! Not that much, but enough for school to be cancelled. (These Oregonians would never cut it in Utah!) The kids were outside by 8 AM stomping around in their rain boots. It was the best we could do. Mark came home at lunch time and helped the kids build a snowman!!! My friend, Jamie, gave us a snowman kit years ago and this was the first time we've been able to use it! "Frosty," as we named him, turned out pretty cute. He just needs a hat! Macy asked why we skipped Thanksgiving and went right to Christmas? She thought it only snowed at Christmas time. I wouldn't mind it if stuck around until then! It definitely has put us in the mood!

Look at those rosy cheeks!

Stomping around!

Nicholas did not like the snow sticking to his gloves.

Our snow gear!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Such cute kiddos! Gotta love snow days. We have a ton of snow here but it is freezing. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kristen said...

I am SOOOO glad we chose to go to Arizona this week! Hopefully all snow evidence is gone by the time we get home. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Alyssa said...

So fun! Seeing Nicholas and Karlee gets me so excited to see my twins!

Chelsea said...

I'm jealous. I wish it would snow here. Just enough to let us know christmas really is around the corner.
Your kids are so big and so cute! You're such a fun mom!