Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Celebrations!

I let the kids open a few presents from Aunts, cousins and Grandma's the day before Christmas just to keep them busy. Thanks to my sister, the twins LOVED their Sit'N Spin. Should have sent TWO!


We had our first Christmas in our first home this year and loved it! I did not miss the stress of trying to get everything done that first week of December (cards, neighborhood/friend gifts, Christmas shopping, etc). Nor did I miss fighting the airport with all of our kids and luggage in toe or trying to figure out on Christmas day how I was going to get all those presents home. It was just EASY and ENJOYABLE! My parents flew in to spend Christmas with us and they truly made our Christmas even more special. We had a so much fun with you, Mom and Dad. Thank you for coming! I know I would have been homesick without you there.

While I was preparing dinner, my mom and Macy had fun decorating a gingerbread house. My dad helped out here and there, but mostly just to sneak the candy!

Here it is...all BEAUTIFUL! Thanks Costco for providing everything in a box.

We had Christmas Eve dinner by candlelight...a little something special!

The kids opened their Christmas pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa Swensen. So cute!

We then attempted to have a little program singing around the piano and retelling the Christmas story but the kids were disastrous. Off to bed!

Santa arrived....

..and even filled the stockings. Way to Go, Santa! You ROCKED this year!

Nicholas about blew a fuse when he saw his train table. He did about 200 laps around that thing Christmas day. It has kept him very busy and Mom very happy!!! We ALL love it!

Karlee got her very own Barbie!!! Finally, something of her own. (Umm...I think that is marker on her face and that scab on her forehead was from a tumble she took on the driveway days before. This girl is tough as nails!)

The ONE thing Macy told Santa she wanted for Christmas!

The kids LOVED ripping in to their presents. Macy helped everyone out! My dad was the officially toy opener. The packaging on toys is ridiculous! Nicholas almost had a heart attack waiting for us to break out Macy's My Little Pony Carnival Set.

All in all, it was a wonderful, wonderful Christmas! We were very grateful for all that had been given.

It was wonderful hearing from so many of you! Thank you for your cards and well wishes. We love you all!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

LOVE the stockings! Did you make those? It looks like so much fun with your parents around. I'm so glad they got to share it with you. I totally LOVE gingerbread houses in a box. What a great idea! That train table rocks, I wish I would have thought of that... Looks like you all had a Merry Christmas, thanks for sharing.

Robyn said...

we bought a train table when Tanner was Nicholas' age and it has been some of the best money we ever spent -- years later that thing is still USED, and USED, and USED!

P.S. -- Your family photo on your blog header is DARLING!

Malinovka said...

What a fun Christmas, Lindsey! I'm so glad your parents came out to celebrate with you since you weren't "home" for Christmas. We stayed home too, and it was nice to not have to lug presents around, and deal with the traveling and sharing visiting time between families, etc. But, we were a little lonely too. Loved Nick's reaction to his train table--so great!! Yes, I'm sure you're loving it as much as him. What a fun day. Loved seeing it.

kmon said...

Great pictures! My fav is Mark sporting the Aggie gear. Way to keep it real brother! USU 71 BYU 61 - 12/2/2009