Thursday, December 3, 2009

'O Christmas Tree


After six years of good use, we said good-bye to our Charlie Brown Christmas tree we bought at Walmart for $20 and splurged on a 9ft prelit tree from Costco. I've been feeling guilty about buying an artificial tree when we live in the state that produces the most Christmas trees in the country. I feel like I'm robbing my children of some sort of holiday tradition but to me, a tree that doesn't need to be picked up after or fed and watered is priceless.

Macy burst into tears when she saw that we didn't have a star for our tree. We're working on that one along with maybe some ribbon and garland? I found my Christmas balls at Tai Pan Trading Company in Utah. Utah has all the great decorating stores. I am so envious! We have been loving Christmas around our home with holiday smells, music, drives around the neighborhood to see the lights with the kids NOT buckled in to their carseats and bedtime Christmas stories.

Lights and garland in the kitchen

I'm still looking for stocking holders. I really would love these framed picture stocking holders from Pottery Barn but they are $30 a piece. I need five! Do you think they'll go on sale after Christmas? Here's to hoping!



Oh, and don't you love that sweet T.V.? It's ancient. This is the only T.V. Mark and I have ever owned in our 9 years of marriage. We're hoping Santa delivers after Mark builds some shelving for an entertainment center. That gaping hole is such an awkward space.

Happy Holidays!
Have fun decorating!!!


4 comments:

Malinovka said...

LOVE your decorations! You are so good at that. Decorating for Christmas is just the best. As we were putting up our tree this year, we were wishing we'd bought a pre-lit one. Oh, well. For $25 four years ago, it's served us very well! I'd love to see an old pic of your Walmart Charlie Brown tree. :) How did I never see it?!

Kathy said...

Your house looks great! We haven't gotten anything out yet - Seb has croup, so hoping to get some decorations out this weekend when Kirk's home to help! I want those stocking holders from Pottery Barn too! I looked at them last year and again this year. I think they do go on sale after Christmas - the bad thing is it's $6.50 for each one you monogram. We haven't decided what we're going to do for a tree - thinking about a large one this year. Merry Christmas!

The Teeples said...

Wow! Your house looks absolutely beautiful!

we miss you guys but are loving watching your family grow up. Have a Happy Holidays.

emandtrev said...

So fun! Your house looks awesome! We just replaced our old TV--I'm loving that we were in good company! :) Also, Estella was sorely disappointed that we don't have a star for the top of our tree. We need to get that corrected ASAP unless we want a very disgruntled four-year-old on our hands!