Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mouse King Tea Party!

Macy & Mia getting all dolled up for the Nutcracker tea party.

The delicious salad spread Amy made up for us along with her yummy rolls!

All the little girls with their hair and makeup done!

A bunch of us got tickets for our little girls to go to the Mouse King Tea Party. It's a fun way to introduce the girls to the Nutcracker story and it's characters without them sitting through the entire Nutcracker ballet. We decided to get together for a little pre-tea party fun at a friends house. The girls had their nails painted, applied their own make-up and put on dress-ups while the mom's ate a delicious lunch. Then it was off to Corvallis High School for more treats and the telling of the Nutcracker story with small performances by the actual Nutcracker dancers. The girls loved it! Macy loved the ballerinas but started crying when she saw the Mouse King. He was too scary for her liking! After it was over, we let the girls run around and dance their little hearts out to Nutcracker music they left playing. It was so good for Macy and I to be together. I definitely need to take her out more often.

Macy at the tea party!

Sitting around the table having punch, candy canes and M&M's.

The girls were given these cute Mouse King cupcakes at the end along with a Nutcracker ornament.

Dancers from the Nutcracker

The girls posing with Clara from the Nutcracker!

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

How fun! We (RS) actually went to the Nutcracker today and as I saw the little girls dancing around during intermission I just kept thinking about Macy and how much she would LOVE that!

Kim L said...

This is such a good idea! Savannah's dance studio were all going to the Nutcracker here and I didn't sign up because I knew she wouldn't sit through that yet. I wish we had something like that for the younger ones here. You look fabulous by the way! I can't believe how big all the kids are getting! They are all so adorable!!!

Laura said...

So cute!!! Macy is such a little doll. PS-your hair cut is awesome!

Krystal Trapnell said...

That sounds perfect, for me even! I enjoy the Nutcracker, but man oh man is that thing long! Looks like a fun time!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I bet this was the highlight of Macy's life! HOW FUN LINDZ! It looks like you guys had an awesome time and I loved the picture of the girls prepping up before the big outing! Macy is a doll and you are always doing the funnest things with her! Love her outfit and all those girls in their dresses!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Linds-
Will you email me your address. I threw away the package from your baby gift before I wrote it down. Thanks! mehale00@hotmail.com

Erin

Ben and Michelle said...

We hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Love,
Ben & Michelle

Ben and Michelle said...

Can I get your address?

email it to:

frandsen.michelle@gmail.com

emandtrev said...

How fun! I love, love the Nutcracker and think it would be (will be!) so fun to take my girls to the Nutcracker teas.

The Morris Family said...

What a cute idea! I'm sure Macy loved having you all to herself. Loved the road trip story. It was fun to read but not fun for you to go through. You guys are troopers though!