Friday, January 18, 2008

They're Here!! Welcome Karlee and Nicholas!

Karlee Darlene Swensen

Nicholas Mark Swensen

Already best little friends

They finally made their arrival, and not a day too soon! We made it all the way to our scheduled Cesarean the morning of January 17, 2008. Karlee came first at 8:09 A.M. and weighed in at 6 lbs. 5 oz. Nicholas came 2 minutes later at 8:11 A.M. and weighed in at 7 lbs. 3 oz. That's a whopping 13.5 lbs. of baby!! Everything went absolutely perfectly and Lindsey was amazing. I am so proud of her. I don't think anyone was more relieved than I was when it was clear that everyone was healthy and safe. Both babies are just perfect. Lindsey is recovering well, although she is very sore today. She should be discharged either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Karlee showed that she might be a sassy one as she was kicking and screaming her little guts out for the first hour of life, while Nicholas was just kicking back. She loves to be held and has the sweetest little spirit about her. Poor little Nicholas has had a rough first 24 hours. He came out with the cord wrapped twice around his neck and tied in a knot (Thank goodness we went Cesarean...). We couldn't see him for the better part of yesterday because his respiratory rate was too high. Because of that, they tube fed him once and reported that he was NOT happy about that. And to finish it all off, this morning he was circumcised! Talk about a rough start! I'm positive he's thinking, "What in the hell happened here? Send me back!!" (Forgive me, I couldn't resist that little swear!) He's taking it all like the little champ that he is. I am so grateful to have a little boy to throw a ball with and to have a little back up at home when it's me against all those girls!

Macy loves her baby sister and baby brother, and while it will be interesting to see what happens when the twins are home, she has done amazingly well with them. It is so cute to hear her say their names. We're working on which baby is which and we'll need to work on the correct use of the pronouns "he" and "she." In her prayers last night at bedtime, she asked a blessing on "Mommy and Babies" and right after her prayer asked if we could go see them. She is such a sweetheart and will be such a great big sister.

We are so grateful to have Lindsey's mom here for the next month or so. We are REALLY going to need the help!! You should see our house...two of everything, tons of diapers, and our sweet mini-van has three car seats in it. We are a bona fide three ring circus now...a family of five!! We are so grateful to all of our friends and family all across the country for your thoughts and prayers. We will post more pictures over the next few weeks.

32 comments:

Matt and Allyson said...

Congratulations! I loved the '3-ring circus' idea...that's one way to think of it! I am so happy that everything went smoothly. You have been on our minds for the last week...just wondering...yeah they're finally here! Can't wait to meet them! Best wishes! Love you all!

Laura said...

congrats!! the babies couldn't be cuter. glad to hear lindsey is recovering well. give her a big hug from the farleys!

Em said...

Yay!!! I am SO happy to hear everything went well and that the babes and Linds are hanging in there. Thanks for the update, Mark. Give the Lindsey a huge hug from us and tell her we think the new little ones are beautiful! What a fantastic family you guys have. Congrats a million times over. (Em and Duncan)

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Congratulations you guys!! I have been checking the blog everyday for the past week hoping to see those sweet babies. They are beautiful and I'm glad Lindsey is doing well. We miss you guys so much! Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see more pictures.Love ya!

Laura said...

Those babies are adorable!!! Give Lindsey a huge hug and know you are all in our prayers!
Love, the Miners

Jamie said...

Yea Lindsey!!! What a trooper!! Congrats on 2 healthy and may I add darling babies. I really like the names you chose. Mark, give Linds a hug for me.

alan said...

Wow Mark, I'm impressed that you posted the blog but I'm so glad you did!! I just got the update from Cynthia, but I loved to hear your version with added comments :)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Mark I bawled looking at that last picture. AMAZING! I am so happy for you guys and wish I was there. THey are beautiful and I love the names. They totally look like them! I love you guys and I'm so happy you posted them! SO HAPPY! What a blessing! GIve them great big kisses from their favorite aunt! I can't wait to get out there!

Erin Davis said...

They are beautiful!!! Congrats you guys. Lindsay you are amazing to carry that much baby around! I'm already uncomfortable and I am only 25 weeks...with one! You guys are great!

emilyy said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you guys. I have been wondering everyday when you were going to have those babies, and they are so adorable. Lindsey I hope you are feeling better. Good luck with the transition

Denise said...

Congratulations. What beautiful babies. Glad things went well and hope Lindsey has a good recovery. Thanks for posting those pictures.

Joni said...

Hurray! I've been checing the blog every day for two weeks in hopes of news.

We're so happy for you! The babies are beautiful. Congratulations.

A hearty (yet gentle) pat on the back to Lindsey. I can't even comprehend what she's done.

Now the real fun begins, eh?

Desmama said...

Completely and totally precious. I am so happy for you and can't wait to tell my mom you finally had the babies. I've been thinking about you all so much and hoping that things are okay. Many, many congratulations!

Darin and Joanna said...

Congratualtions you guys! What darling babies! We couldn't be happier for you. Lindsey is a trooper to have that much baby inside of her---I can't imagine how uncomfortable she must have been---but I am sure it was worth it to have two healthy babies! Good luck with everything---I am sure having three kids 2 and under will be lots of fun!!!

Chelsea said...

How exciting! You guys are my heroes! Hang in there. You'll do great!

Anna M said...

Best wishes to your whole family!
Anna

The Snavelys said...

Congratulations! Your babies are beautiful! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Haueter Photography said...

Those babies are the cutest thing! I am so happy for you guys and glad that everything went good. CONGRATS!

Shannon Sundberg said...

Congratulations on two perfect little angels! We are so glad they are here, healthy and safe! You guys are an amazing little family! Love The Sundbergs

Katie Griffiths said...

They are so cute! There is just nothing better than holding a new baby - and you get two of them. We are excited for you.

Brett & Dyana Valdez said...

Congratulations, guys. They are beautiful!

Melissa Cantwell said...

We are so happy that the babies made it here safely and that Lindsey is doing great. I too cried when I read the post. You guys are the best parents and those kids are so lucky to have you.

Malinovka said...

CONGRATULATIONS, you guys!!! I am SO happy for you. I can't believe you carried around over 13 pounds of baby, Lindsey. You are an inspiration. What beautiful babies! We love you guys and wish you all the best! Can't wait to get updates on how life will change!
Love, Robyn and fam

emandtrev said...

Congratulations! Your babies are absolutely adorable! Best wishes to all of you! :)

The Mathews Family said...

Congratulations Lindsay! They're absolutely beautiful babies! So fun to click around and find people I haven't seen in forever and see what they're up to... or should I say TWO! ;) Good luck! Try and rest when you can!

Jenny (Jones) Mathews

Jared and Niki said...

Way to go guys! We are so happy for you. Good luck these next few weeks, if anyone can do it, you can! love ya!

Nana Olsen said...

Lindsey, congrats!!!! I'm so glad that Ashlee has a blog so I can see all of her friends. The last time I saw you, you were expecting but I do not think that you knew it was twins. How fun for you. I have always wanted twins. They are on both sides of the family. I really want one of my kids to have twins. Oh wow!!! Don't even attempt to do anything but hold babies and enjoy. Who cares about the house. Let the R.S. clean and you love and hold. I am so excited for you, Love, Jane Olsen

The Morris Family said...

How amazing!! They are absolutely beautiful & perfect! We are so happy that everything went great & that everyone is doing wonderful. Please tell Linds I'm thinking about her & hope that somehow she is able to rest & recover well. Love & miss you guys so much: )

Unknown said...

Mark, you just had twins for hell's sake. No need to apoligize for swearing. I am surprised that you kept it as clean as you did. Congrats man!! Twins couldn't have come to any better parents than you two. See you in April. The Masters, a tradition like no other!

Kortney Manning said...

Yay! Congrats on two more beautiful children! Love the names:) Greg and I are excited for you. Keep posting pictures...and tell Linds to take care and accept all the help she can get!! (it's the only way to get through multiples, just ask my parents!)Good luck-
Greg and Kortney

Brian Adair Fam said...

Congrats!! The twins are absolutely beautiful! Macy is going to be a great big sister, I can tell! Lindsey, you are amazing...that's all I have to say! Mark, I too am very impressed by your blogging debut. I have a feeling that you might be the one making the entries for a while! :0) Brian and I are so happy for you and your sweet family!

Jo and Jeff said...

Lindsey, this is JoAnne (Nelson) Baugh. I was so excited to find your blog. And wow, twins. Congratulations. We also have a 3 ring circus, only a little more gap inbetween:) And we also have a mini-van! Crazy! Jeff is in P.A. school, so we are living in Arizona right now. Life is great.
I would love to invite you to our blog, so send me your e-mail.
Mine is beaner@xmission.com
Again, congratulations & good luck!
Love, Jo